Upload and Download speeds can be affected by:
- Where you're connecting to. Is the website hosted in New Zealand, or on the other side of the world?
- Your modem. Fibre capable routers have been around for a while. Has yours got decent capability?
- What you're accessing your internet on. Newer devices will provide a faster, more consistent connection to the internet. Older devices won't be able to take advantage of the fast speeds.
- Internal home wiring. If you're using data points or structured cabling, any deterioration could negatively impact your speeds.
- WiFi. It's likely to be this. While the Fibre ONT and your router will be getting speeds, you'll need a good WiFi system to provide those speeds all around your home.
Our technical team would be happy to assist with any concerns you have. After all, we want you to be happy with your connection.