Basic email settings
Sometimes when switching from another provider, you will lose your email address.
This is because the email account is tied to your account with another company.
Unfortunately we cannot provide email addresses that were not created by us. (E.G @xtra.co.nz , @ihug.co.nz, @paradise.co.nz )
There are three options available if this happens.
- Now can provide you a new @nowmail.co.nz address
- You are welcome to create a new, free, email address with another email provider. Examples are Gmail, Outlook, or iCloud.
- Contact your old provider and let them know you want to continue using the email account. There may be a fee for this so check before you proceed.
If you have a nowmail email address, you can set this up on most email clients across a wide range of devices.
These include desktops, laptops, mobile phones, tablets etc.
While the setup will be slightly different depending on what device your using, they will all ask for incoming and outgoing server settings.
These details are:
Incoming server settings:
- Server: pop3.nowmail.co.nz
- Port: 110
- SSL: Off
- Username: The name before the '@nowmail.co.nz'
- Password: This should have been supplied to you.
Please ensure you select 'Delete from server' when you set this up.
Outgoing server settings
- Server: smtp.nowmail.co.nz
- Port: 25 (or port 2525)
- SSL: Off
- Authentication: Password
- Username: Same as incoming username, the name before the '@nowmail.co.nz
- Password: Same as incoming password, this should have been supplied to you.
Please note - Now only supplies a Pop3 email accounts. Ensure Pop3 is selected (not IMAP).
If you have any questions about your Nowmail email, feel free to give us a call on 0800 GET NOW (0800 438 669).
You can also get in touch with our support team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org